5 Million Reasons to Be Excited About TeleVet’s Growth
We just closed our Series A funding round, raising 5 million dollars! We are beyond excited to put this money to good use, accelerating the growth of our platform, continuously seeking to build solutions that make life easier for you – the veterinary team. This will allow us to continue to innovate and expand the field of veterinary telemedicine, improving the lives of veterinarians, animals, and the people who love them.
More than 6,500 veterinarians currently use TeleVet at this critical time. We never want a pet parent to choose between vital care for their beloved pets or exposure to the COVID-19 virus. TeleVet’s platform allows our valued partners to examine pets, prescribe medications and more, using IM, video and phone — allowing them to operate many aspects of a traditional clinic from any location.
When we began the TeleVet journey five years ago, very few believed in a future where telemedicine was a prominent tool in every veterinary practice. Fast forward to today, we’ve been humbled to witness the explosive growth of our company as the demand for safe and secure veterinary telemedicine surges. While telemedicine was our starting point, we have a much larger vision for the veterinary space that far exceeds virtual consultations. Specifically, everything we build moving forward will be focused on your well-being – creating peace of mind for both pet owner and veterinarian. We couldn’t be more thrilled for what the future holds for the veterinary industry.
Here is a sneak peek into how we will be using our new funding:
- Enhanced integrations allowing for new pharmacy and calendar features such as booking in-house appointments in addition to virtual visits
- Flexible pricing strategies for clients and ability to integrate or create your own wellness subscriptions through TeleVet
- Enable more ways to communicate with both your internal team and your clients with two-way texting, live chat, and reminder systems in order to build healthier relationships with your clients
- Pet parent savings accounts and pet insurance assistance to help make conversations about finances easier for everyone
- Continue to build a stellar team of veterinarian-focused staff to enhance your TeleVet experience through 1 on 1 trainings, new marketing resources, and webinars
As excited as we are for this announcement and what it means moving forward, we want to pause and give thanks to how we got here. We are profoundly grateful for the trust of all our early adopters and current customers. Your feedback has been instrumental in the continuous quest to create the best app to cure your biggest headaches. We are joyed to receive stories of your success and to hear how TeleVet has changed your practice for the better.
With our new funding and the continued support of investors, we hope to expand this service for many more care providers across the nation. The Series A round was led by Mercury Fund with additional investment by Dundee Venture Capital, Atento Capital, GAN and Urban Capital Network. I’d like to thank them, all of our partner practices, and the amazing team at TeleVet who continue to enhance the lives of veterinarians and the people and animals they serve. You’re all the best.
We can’t wait to show you what comes next!
TeleVet Co-Founder & CEO